Friday, July 8, 2011

Dating Site Woes

Why is it that the only guys I've ever attracted on dating sites have been weird, creepy, old, or incredibly shallow? I always hear my friends saying "I met this really hot guy online and he's actually cool..." or the commercials where the couples explain of their miraculous chemistry and how they're going to get married and be so happy, all thanks to meeting on a dating site. You hear people explaining that they met their significant other on sites like Facebook and YouTube. They just started messaging, then IMing, then texting, then actually interacting in real life. And now they're just oh so happy.
If all of this is true, then why not me? God knows, I try. I'm friendly, chatty, and not too overbearing. I'm myself and most people seem to like that. Yet no single guy (emphasize single) seems to want a relationship. Either they're not looking, just got out of one, don't want anything serious, or don't think of me as any more than a friend. Am I one of those girls that everyone wants to be friends with, yet nobody wants to hurt her feelings by telling her they simply do not want now, or ever a relationship with her? God, I remember those girls in school and in a word, they were pathetic. I'm saying it like that because the girls brought it on themselves; they were whiny, catty, melodramatic, and loose. They always complained about how guys didn't want a relationship and they always go for someone else. I pray to God I'm not one of THOSE...
If any guys are out there reading this, please tell me, why? In your personal opinion, tell me why men never want to commit. Tell me why all the good ones are taken. Tell me what the few remaining good ones are looking for. Because honestly, I'm sick of being alone. I can't stand it. I know God put somebody out there for me, I'm just having a hella lot of trouble finding him and, apparently, him finding me. Why can't like just be a musical? Then nobody would be lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment