Friday, March 11, 2011

My Faery Love

*this poem is currently unifinshed and shall evolve over time, just like the Faeries*


One fine evening in an indian summer
In the twilight of a soft full moon
I fell in love with a faery, wild and free
We danced in the honeysuckle
While the fireflies danced in a round
The crickets chirped the waltz melody
The vibrant green moss was soft underfoot
And we laughed as the forest streams splashed our faces
This child of nature felt like a dream
My mortal mind could not fathom the infinite union of our love
Two gypsy lovers, lying under a million stars
A thousand years could pass in a fleeting moment
As we lay in each others arms
Like ivy wrapped around the ancient oak
My beloved is mine and I am my beloveds
Those ancient words echoed in my heart and head
For sure we belonged only to each other
And no one else could contain our otherwordly spirits
I would willingly abandon this finite ignorant plane of existance
For her touch and her smile and her love
For this is what one does
When one loves a faery woman

No comments:

Post a Comment