Friday, March 11, 2011

wedding thoughts...

so, weddings. seems to be ahot issue for almost everybody, and that can be good or bad. some people dream about their weddings from the moment they see a wedding dress or bridal magazine. others posess a passionate disdain for weddings, rightfully so since many weddings are nothing but a circus.
i fall into the former category. i used to draw my cake 50 times over, adding flowers or tiers, modifying here and there. then i discovered bridal dresses and realized my wedding would have to be themed around my dress. the flowers, cake, decorations, colors...even my hair color. over the years, i began to imagine this grand ceremony in a medieval church or cathedral. the reception, a show with myself as the lead actress. hundreds of people congregated to witness the most important event of my life. everything would have to be perfect. no dream or wish spared.


then i realized...isn't this wrong? where is the romance, the love, the intimacy? shouldn't a wedding be simple and elegant, made for two and a few close friends and family members? no circus, no shows, no extravagence, just love. just beauty. a simple declaration of love. two people vowing to always love one another, through thick and thin, better or worse, sickness and health.


the beauty of nature shall be my church. my loved ones and the faeries shall be my witnesses. my love shall be mine, forever. and we will be free.


i dunno, i just have such a vision of a beautiful natural wedding, without anxiety or falsification. no masks, no acts, only sincere and unconditional love. someday, i shall take my love for my bride, if she will have me. until then, i can only dream...



No comments:

Post a Comment